Saffie Joseph Jr continues climbing in class with 3-year-old Math Wizard. (GP)
- Remote work raises Zoom stock Read More
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Reifer glad to be in Test squad Read More
- Cricketers have to “re-train the brain” under COVID changes Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
All the talk is about the Saffie Joseph Jr and Math Wizard’s Breeders’ Cup debut at Santa Anita racetrack Arcadia, California, today.
The 32-year-old Joseph, of Thorpes, St James, will be representing Barbados at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships Series when his trainee Math Wizard leaves the gates in the Classic at 8:44 p.m.
Joseph Jr told Saturday Sport it was “surreal and a blessing to reach this point”.
“These are the kind of races we want to consistently compete in and to have a chance in the Breeders’ Cup in the Classic is fulfilling,” he said.
Math Wizard is owned by several individuals, including John Fanelli, Khalid Mishref, Cash Is King LLC, LC Racing LLC, Collarmele Vitelli Stables LLC, Ioannis Zoumas and Bassett Stables.