Saffie Joseph Jr continues climbing in class with 3-year-old Math Wizard. (GP)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Alleyne dominate Cross Country Relays Read More
- Alan: Son Josh a cut above me Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
All the talk is about the Saffie Joseph Jr and Math Wizard’s Breeders’ Cup debut at Santa Anita racetrack Arcadia, California, today.
The 32-year-old Joseph, of Thorpes, St James, will be representing Barbados at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships Series when his trainee Math Wizard leaves the gates in the Classic at 8:44 p.m.
Joseph Jr told Saturday Sport it was “surreal and a blessing to reach this point”.
“These are the kind of races we want to consistently compete in and to have a chance in the Breeders’ Cup in the Classic is fulfilling,” he said.
Math Wizard is owned by several individuals, including John Fanelli, Khalid Mishref, Cash Is King LLC, LC Racing LLC, Collarmele Vitelli Stables LLC, Ioannis Zoumas and Bassett Stables.