Ashley Nurse took four wickets and scored 38 to help Barbados Pride beat Jamaica Scorpions. (CWI Media Picture)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Real Madrid preparing to launch women’s team Read More
- Africa Cup of Nations postponed to 2022 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
BASSETERRE – Barbados Pride will be hunting their second straight win in Colonial Medical Insurance Super50 Cup today when they meet defending champions Combined Campuses and Colleges Marooners.
The Pride go into the day/night match at Warner Park fresh from beating Jamaica Scorpions by 75 runs in their opening game at the same venue on Thursday.
All-rounder Kyle Mayers celebrated his return to the Barbados side with a half-century. Mayers stroked 52 off 53 balls while fellow left-hander Nicholas Kirton topscored with 55 off 82 deliveries in his first game in a Pride shirt, as they reached 265 all out off their 50 overs.
Ashley Nurse chipped in with a typically robust 38 while captain Jonathan Carter gathered 33 and wicketkeeper Tevyn Walcott, 32.
Pride appeared well-poised for a much bigger total at 199 for four in the 42nd over but off-spinner Andre McCarthy (4-41) and West Indies fast bowler Oshane Thomas (4-52) grabbed four wickets apiece to ensure the last six wickets perished for 66 runs. (CMC/HG)