Ashley Nurse took four wickets and scored 38 to help Barbados Pride beat Jamaica Scorpions. (CWI Media Picture)
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Port not affected by power outages Read More
- Zane leads Barbados to sweep Read More
- We Gatherin’ for beach cricket Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joker grossing big at box offices Read More
BASSETERRE – Barbados Pride will be hunting their second straight win in Colonial Medical Insurance Super50 Cup today when they meet defending champions Combined Campuses and Colleges Marooners.
The Pride go into the day/night match at Warner Park fresh from beating Jamaica Scorpions by 75 runs in their opening game at the same venue on Thursday.
All-rounder Kyle Mayers celebrated his return to the Barbados side with a half-century. Mayers stroked 52 off 53 balls while fellow left-hander Nicholas Kirton topscored with 55 off 82 deliveries in his first game in a Pride shirt, as they reached 265 all out off their 50 overs.
Ashley Nurse chipped in with a typically robust 38 while captain Jonathan Carter gathered 33 and wicketkeeper Tevyn Walcott, 32.
Pride appeared well-poised for a much bigger total at 199 for four in the 42nd over but off-spinner Andre McCarthy (4-41) and West Indies fast bowler Oshane Thomas (4-52) grabbed four wickets apiece to ensure the last six wickets perished for 66 runs. (CMC/HG)