Rashad Jules (FILE)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Alleyne dominate Cross Country Relays Read More
- Alan: Son Josh a cut above me Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
A RARE BRACE for centre back Ramar Millar helped Weymouth Wales to a comfortable 3-0 win over the University of the West Indies (UWI) Blackbirds at the climax of the Championship stage of the Capelli Cup at the Wildey Turf on Sunday night.
Victory confirmed Wales as winners of Group 1, keeping their perfect record from the preliminary round intact. UWI narrowly advanced by virtue of a better goal difference than Notre Dame.
In the earlier game, Barbados Defence Force Sports Programme (BDFSP) registered a hard-fought 4-1 success over Scotty’s Car Rentals St Andrew Lions in their final Group 3 clash, ensuring their status of first place.
In the battle for supremacy in Group 3, the BDFSP were handed a precious opportunity to go ahead with 15 minutes played when referee Rudy Arthur spotted a foul in the area. (NM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.