Mya Evelyn who enjoyed a great game for Club attacking Chargers’ block of Rickie Seaton and Janette Brown (centre). (Pictures by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Credit Unions join Social Partnership Read More
- Beale: Rise up against banks Read More
- Alleyne dominate Cross Country Relays Read More
- Alan: Son Josh a cut above me Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New song from George Michael nearly three years after his death Read More
DEFENDING men’s champions Progressive maintained their unbeaten record while UWI Blackbirds did likewise among the women when the Goddard Enterprises Limited Division One Volleyball League continued Monday night at the Wildey Gymnasium.
In the lone men’s game, Barbados Bearings/W Gittens Landscaping/Crumbz Bakery Progressive defeated Foundation United 25-14, 25-18, 25-17 in a contest of tremendous power hitting.
Progressive moved to 18 points from a 4/0 record. After scoring wins and seven points in their first two games of the league season, perennial cellar tenants Foundation have now played three more matches without adding to their points.
This evening Progressive will face the equally unbeaten Omega XL Deacons at 6.30. Deacons, who won this year’s knockout title, have a maximum 20 points from their four victories in the league. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.