SUPER SOBERS: Mihael Sobers of St Patrick’s Roman Catholic swimming hoem for one of his four wins. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Real Madrid preparing to launch women’s team Read More
- Africa Cup of Nations postponed to 2022 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
PROMISING swimmers Nicholi Sisnett of St Cyprian’s Boys’ and Mihael Sobers of St Patrick’s Roman Catholic made their mark yesterday during the preliminaries of the Purity Primary Inter-School Swimming Championships at the Aquatic Centre.
The nine-year-old Sisnett swam away with four timed-finals, putting his school in good stead for the finals next Friday at the same venue.
The speedy Sisnett secured the Boys’ 50 metres open event in 32.58 seconds and also clocked best times in the 9-10 Boys’ 25 metres freestyle, backstroke and butterfly events.
Competing in the Boys’ 7-8 division, Sobers also advanced to four finals after winning the 25 metres freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.