- CDB invests in regional COVID-19 fight Read More
- Thousands of British Airways staff might be suspended Read More
- Lara recalls famous Test victory Read More
- ICC may separate media rights Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Lean on Me singer Withers dies Read More
Banks Holdings Limited (BHL) says its subsidiary Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd has not been sold.
BHL yesterday said a “rumour” claiming that the brewery, now owned by AMBEV, had a new buyer, was “completely false”.
“The rumours that our subsidiary, Banks (Barbados) Breweries Ltd, has been sold are completely false. Banks Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries, remain a part of AMBEV,” an official said.
“We heard this rumour as well when we announced the joint venture distribution company in September.”
Brazil-based AMBEV, through subsidiary SLU Beverages, acquired a majority stake in BHL in 2015 after a takeover battle involving Trinidad and Tobago conglomerate ANSA McAL.