- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Tsitsipas says Grand Slam goal was “too big” Read More
- Hector helps Breakers win T10 title Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
Barbados is now under a flash flood watch until 5 p.m.
The Barbados Meteorological Services issued the warning this morning. It explained that a westward-moving tropical wave has been generating pockets of moderate to heavy showers, thunderstorms and occasional gusty winds over some sections of Barbados during the last several hours.
Residents in flash flood-prone areas are asked to be on alert and take the necessary precautions.
A Flash Flood Watch means that flooding due to heavy or excessive rainfall in a short period of time (generally less than 6 hours) could result in flooding within the Watch area.