There has been heavy rainfall in Boscobel, St Peter. (Picture by Davandra Babb)
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Port not affected by power outages Read More
- Zane leads Barbados to sweep Read More
- We Gatherin’ for beach cricket Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joker grossing big at box offices Read More
Persistent heavy showers for just over two hours in the north of the island caused some flooding this morning.
In Boscobel, St Peter, parts of a bridge broke away and it appears as though some of parts of a road started to lift.
It was difficult for motorists to manoeuvre on the roads, some of which were filled with debris.
The Barbados Met Office has since issued a flood watch for the island until 5 p.m.
A westward-moving tropical wave has been generating pockets of moderate to heavy showers, thunderstorms and occasional gusty winds over some sections of Barbados and rainfall of two to three inches may be recorded. (DB)