KEY MAN: Akeem Jordan grabbed four wickets and scored 29 to help CCC Marooners beat Barbados Pride. (CWI Media Picture)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Negotiations underway for rights to expanding Club World Cup Read More
- Pollard’s come full circle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bond farewell for Craig Read More
BASSETERRE – Rookie Akshaya Persaud’s maiden half-century stunned Barbados Pride and gave reigning champions CCC Marooners their first win of the Colonial Medical Insurance Super50 on Saturday night.
Chasing a modest 173 for victory in a day/night Group “A” fixture at Warner Park, Marooners appeared headed for defeat at 82 for five in the 26th over before the left-handed Persaud produced a composed, unbeaten 51 to see them to a come-from-behind four-wicket victory.
Sadique Henry struck a breezy 30 while Akeem Jordan chipped in with a crucial 29, in a 58-run sixth wicket stand with Persaud, which change the game’s complexion entirely.