The Barbados Light and Power headquarters, Garrison, St Michael. (FILE)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Customers across Barbados continue to experience outages as the Barbados Light & Power Company grapples with an issue with its generators.
At this time, householders in sections of St George, St John, St Lucy and Christ Church are being affected.
Those areas include Ellerton, Greens, Woodland, Four Roads, Golden Ridge, Poole, New Castle, Retreat, Half Moon Fort, Checker Hall, Oistins, Maxwell, Hythe Garden, Thornbury Hill, Miami Beach area, Pegwell, Enterprise, Carter's Gap, parts of Durants and Coverley, Sayes Court, Gibbons, Chancery Lane, Sea-View, Pilgrim Road and their environs.
Repairs are in progress and Light & Power is working towards full restoration by 9 p.m.
The company said it is experiencing an issue with its heavy fuel oil generators due to fuel equipment failure, caused by “apparent contaminants in the fuel”, based on laboratory analyses.
The company has enacted a load sharing procedure and says the teams are working to safely conduct repairs to restore generation capacity.
Light & Power is also working with its supplier the Barbados National Oil Company Ltd to address the supply quality issue and apologises to its customers. PR/SAT)