- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
A student of the Frederick Smith Secondary School has been charged with the murder of schoolmate Temario Cavone Emmanuel Holder.
The student appeared in the Holetown Magistrate's Court today and was remanded to the Government Industrial School (Dodds).
Sixteen year-old Holder, formerly of Checker Hall, St Lucy, was the victim of a stabbing incident on the school’s compound. The murder accused’s name is being withheld because he is a minor.
The November 8 incident sparked national interest and caused classes at the Trents, St James institution to be suspended up to this point. This morning Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw and police officials met with students, their parents and guardians. (PR/AG-B)