Asa Inniss is Mr Schoolboy 2019. (Picture by Jameel Springer.)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Negotiations underway for rights to expanding Club World Cup Read More
- Pollard’s come full circle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bond farewell for Craig Read More
The wait is over for Asa Inniss.
Seventeen-year-old Inniss was the class of a seven-man field and walked away champion of the National Sports Council’s Mr Schoolboy Bodybuilding Competition at Combermere School on Friday night.
The auto mechanics student at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology also won the Best Poser and Most Muscular awards before an audience that included 2019 Mr Bridgetown winner Shaquille Lavine, multiple Darcy Beckles Classic winner Hoskins “Biscuit” Worrell, top bodybuilder Joe Bourne, professional bodybuilder Lindon Belgrave and former national cyclist Deidre Mayers.
The improved Inniss, who competed in the Upper Junior Boys Bodybuilding segment last year, and showed undefined legs, was close to the entire package. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.