Asa Inniss is Mr Schoolboy 2019. (Picture by Jameel Springer.)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Blackwood key in Windies win over England Read More
- Hamilton gets first win of the season Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
The wait is over for Asa Inniss.
Seventeen-year-old Inniss was the class of a seven-man field and walked away champion of the National Sports Council’s Mr Schoolboy Bodybuilding Competition at Combermere School on Friday night.
The auto mechanics student at the Samuel Jackman Prescod Institute of Technology also won the Best Poser and Most Muscular awards before an audience that included 2019 Mr Bridgetown winner Shaquille Lavine, multiple Darcy Beckles Classic winner Hoskins “Biscuit” Worrell, top bodybuilder Joe Bourne, professional bodybuilder Lindon Belgrave and former national cyclist Deidre Mayers.
The improved Inniss, who competed in the Upper Junior Boys Bodybuilding segment last year, and showed undefined legs, was close to the entire package. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.