UWI’s Dania Hamilton (right) splitting Warrens’ blockers of Carah Watson (left) and Nisah Yearwood. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Negotiations underway for rights to expanding Club World Cup Read More
- Pollard’s come full circle Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Bond farewell for Craig Read More
Theta Math Academy Club United have guaranteed themselves the women’s second spot in the Goddard Enterprises Limited Division One Volleyball League.
Club, who ended last in 2018 with just six points after winning no matches, romped to their ninth victory and a stunning 37 points when the action continued Sunday night at the Wildey Gymnasium. Even more remarkable was that Club crushed knockout queens Chargers at 25-20 in all three sets.
None of the other six teams behind Club have won more than five games and with three matches remaining for all of the teams, none of them can win nine matches. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.