- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Call for wider ban on sweet drinks Read More
- High hopes for new coach Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
Scores of Republic Bank workers are off the job and meeting with the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) as they protest among other things, management’s response to their job evaluations.
Since 8 a.m. the group which range from clerical officers to supervisors reported to the BWU's headquarters at Solidarity House where they are with union officials.
During a break moments ago, Deputy General Secretary Dwaine Paul told reporters, the job evaluations had been outstanding for more than 15 years. (TG)