- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Scores of Republic Bank workers are off the job and meeting with the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) as they protest among other things, management’s response to their job evaluations.
Since 8 a.m. the group which range from clerical officers to supervisors reported to the BWU's headquarters at Solidarity House where they are with union officials.
During a break moments ago, Deputy General Secretary Dwaine Paul told reporters, the job evaluations had been outstanding for more than 15 years. (TG)