- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Investors' conference on Airport coming soon Read More
- Call for wider ban on sweet drinks Read More
- High hopes for new coach Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Man eats $120 000 banana Read More
Washington- Former National Security Adviser John Bolton, a constant if unseen presence during the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, reappeared on Twitter yesterday after a months-long public hiatus.
Bolton said his Twitter account had been suppressed since leaving the administration in September and suggested the White House had done so out of concern about what he might say.
"Since resigning as National Security Advisor, the White House refused to return access to my personal Twitter account," Bolton tweeted. "Out of fear of what I may say? To those who speculated I went into hiding, I'm sorry to disappoint!"
Bolton's tweet directly contradicts comments that Trump had made earlier in the day to Fox News.
Asked during an interview if the White House had frozen Bolton's account, Trump had told Fox News Friday: "No, of course not."
CNN reached out to the White House for comment.
Earlier in the day, Bolton had hinted at attempts to suppress his Twitter account.
"Glad to be back on Twitter after more than two months. For the backstory, stay tuned........" he posted. (CNN)