ON TARGET: Saviola Thomas scoring one of his two penalties for St Philip West against St Philip South. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Saviola Thomas christened the new National Sports Council and Youth Development Programme Under-19 Community Football Tournament with a hat- trick on Sunday night.
Thomas’ first half triple strike gave St Philip West a comfortable 3-0 victory over neighbours St Philip South in the lone match at the Wayne Daniel Complex in Brereton, St Philip.
Following the parade of 21 of the 30 teams from each constituency and opening ceremony, it took the 17-year-old Thomas a mere four minutes to create his own piece of history by becoming the tournament’s first goalscorer with a perfect back post header. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.