People gathered outside the cordon at Walkers, St Andrew, as news of the three deaths spread. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
Three men are confirmed dead in a cutlass incident which took place at Walkers, St Andrew earlier today.
The news sent shockwaves across the island as Barbados was celebrating its 53rd Anniversary of Independence with the pomp and pageantry of the annual parade at Kensington Oval.
The names of the deceased have not been released to the media, but several grieving family members were on site.
Nation News has been reliably informed the tension had been simmering for some time and came to a head over accusations about animals and land.
Barbados has already recorded 44 murders for 2019. (SAT)