People gathered outside the cordon at Walkers, St Andrew, as news of the three deaths spread. (Picture by Krystal Hoyte)
- MESSAGE: Small Business Week Read More
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
Three men are confirmed dead in a cutlass incident which took place at Walkers, St Andrew earlier today.
The news sent shockwaves across the island as Barbados was celebrating its 53rd Anniversary of Independence with the pomp and pageantry of the annual parade at Kensington Oval.
The names of the deceased have not been released to the media, but several grieving family members were on site.
Nation News has been reliably informed the tension had been simmering for some time and came to a head over accusations about animals and land.
Barbados has already recorded 44 murders for 2019. (SAT)