Weymouth Wales were crowned champions of the Capelli Sport Super Cup. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Tsitsipas says Grand Slam goal was “too big” Read More
- Hector helps Breakers win T10 title Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- ‘Blackout’ dominates social media Read More
Weymouth Wales are the inaugural champions of the Capelli Sport Super Cup after defeating Ellerton FC 1-0 in the final at the Wildey Turf last night.
Extra-time and a possible penalty shoot-out looked certain, but Wales captain Hadan Holligan delivered the $50 000 title winning moment in the dying minutes of the game.
In contrast, Ellerton’s Shaquan Clarke will want to forget the night, missing an array of chances to take the lead and put the game to bed after the team was on top of proceedings for most of the 90-minute encounter.
Ellerton were punished when Romario Harewood cleverly evaded a challenge from Damein Walcott down the right. He squared the ball back to Holligan, who slapped the winner past a deflated Jamar Brewster in the Ellerton goal, to silence the hundreds of St George fans.(AGB)