MORE SILVERWARE: Julian “Michael Jackson” White (below) added the Fire In de Hole title to his large treasure chest. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- Four more footballers have COVID Read More
- Williams ready to ride again Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
You can add the inaugural Fire in de Hole road tennis title to the long list of championships Julian “Michael Jackson” White has won.
White, in his masterly fashion defeated the flamboyant Dario Hinds 17-21, 21-10, 21-14 with both players putting on a display of top-class tennis at the new court in Briar Hall on Sunday. White earned $700 while Hinds pocketed $300.
Ironically, Hinds had asked for the finals to be postponed from Saturday night since he believed that White was too fired up after powering through a deadly pool containing Marson Johnson, Ezekiel “Ezee” Ward and Shawn “Arnold Schwarzenegger” Spencer.
Hinds enjoyed a wading pool with Kerry Francis, host Simon Bayne and Queen’s College student Sean Butcher-Nurse. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.