MORE SILVERWARE: Julian “Michael Jackson” White (below) added the Fire In de Hole title to his large treasure chest. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
You can add the inaugural Fire in de Hole road tennis title to the long list of championships Julian “Michael Jackson” White has won.
White, in his masterly fashion defeated the flamboyant Dario Hinds 17-21, 21-10, 21-14 with both players putting on a display of top-class tennis at the new court in Briar Hall on Sunday. White earned $700 while Hinds pocketed $300.
Ironically, Hinds had asked for the finals to be postponed from Saturday night since he believed that White was too fired up after powering through a deadly pool containing Marson Johnson, Ezekiel “Ezee” Ward and Shawn “Arnold Schwarzenegger” Spencer.
Hinds enjoyed a wading pool with Kerry Francis, host Simon Bayne and Queen’s College student Sean Butcher-Nurse. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.