Minister in the Ministry of Finance Ryan Straughn. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Apple files countersuit against Fortnite developers Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
Government is planning to increase training and recruit more internal auditors as it introduces a rigorous independent oversight of financial management in the public sector.
Minister in the Ministry of Finance Ryan Straughn says he hopes the effort will improve operational efficiency and reduce the “salacious” issues frequently flagged by the Auditor General.
Straughn said while the new Internal Audit Office in the Ministry of Finance would not be fully implemented until September 2021, steps were already being taken to improve Government’s internal operations.
He was speaking yesterday at the Institute of Internal Auditors Barbados Chapter’s 20th anniversary celebrations and seminar at Radisson Aquatica Resort. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.