Yves Sikubwabo crossing the finish line to win the 5K. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- MESSAGE: Small Business Week Read More
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
It was double delight for Rwandan-born Canadian distance runner Yves Sikubwabo yesterday.
Superman Sikubwabo handsomely ran away with both the Cave Shepherd Visa Card 5K and the Colombian Emeralds International 10K races of the Run Barbados Series.
It was the second 10K triumph in consecutive years for Sikubwabo, who finished second in Friday night’s Signia Fun Mile.
The 26-year-old Sikubwabo took 15:37 minutes to cross the tape in the 5K, which started and finished at the Bay Street Esplanade after a journey through Bridgetown. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.