Yves Sikubwabo crossing the finish line to win the 5K. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
It was double delight for Rwandan-born Canadian distance runner Yves Sikubwabo yesterday.
Superman Sikubwabo handsomely ran away with both the Cave Shepherd Visa Card 5K and the Colombian Emeralds International 10K races of the Run Barbados Series.
It was the second 10K triumph in consecutive years for Sikubwabo, who finished second in Friday night’s Signia Fun Mile.
The 26-year-old Sikubwabo took 15:37 minutes to cross the tape in the 5K, which started and finished at the Bay Street Esplanade after a journey through Bridgetown. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.