- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
BARBADOS made a successful double strike when the Cazova Junior Volleyball Championships were served off Sunday in Martinique.
The Bajan lads defeated Curaçao 25-21, 21-25, 25-17, 25-15 while the girls made a clean sweep of Trinidad and Tobago 25-21, 25-18, 25-17.
Yesterday evening the boys would have played their final Group C match against Guadeloupe. This evening the girls will meet Guadeloupe at six.
Six-footer Tenielle Chapman-Goodluck led her team in attack with a game high 17 points with setter Dashonta Addison exploiting a suspect libero with tactical serves notching up seven aces.
Opposite hitter Janine Forde also attacked well with seven kills and two impressive blocks. Nerissa Dyer played a great centre role.
Captain Akeel Oxley also led his team in attack with some of the younger players showing early nerves. Oxley blasted 12 kills and executed four blocks to excel with 22 points.(KB)