- MESSAGE: Small Business Week Read More
- interCaribbean Airways plans to push ahead Read More
- Moseleys reach semis Read More
- Bucks forward is NBA's Most Valuable Player for second year Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Reggae singer Toots passes away Read More
BARBADOS made a successful double strike when the Cazova Junior Volleyball Championships were served off Sunday in Martinique.
The Bajan lads defeated Curaçao 25-21, 21-25, 25-17, 25-15 while the girls made a clean sweep of Trinidad and Tobago 25-21, 25-18, 25-17.
Yesterday evening the boys would have played their final Group C match against Guadeloupe. This evening the girls will meet Guadeloupe at six.
Six-footer Tenielle Chapman-Goodluck led her team in attack with a game high 17 points with setter Dashonta Addison exploiting a suspect libero with tactical serves notching up seven aces.
Opposite hitter Janine Forde also attacked well with seven kills and two impressive blocks. Nerissa Dyer played a great centre role.
Captain Akeel Oxley also led his team in attack with some of the younger players showing early nerves. Oxley blasted 12 kills and executed four blocks to excel with 22 points.(KB)