Mother of three, Lena Payne exiting the rodent infested garage which she converted into a home. (Picture by Kimberley Cummins.)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton: Taking the knee up to drivers Read More
- Better odds for WI with Root out Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
A Christ Church mother is crying out for assistance as rats have invaded the galvanised garage that she and her children have converted into a home.
Lena Payne, of Maxwell Plains, said that after several attempts to rectify her current circumstances, she had no other option than to highlight her plight since the situation is getting worse by the day.
Recalling an occasion when rat faeces fell on her bed one night, Payne said the final straw occurred recently when her six-year-old was treated for leptospirosis.
The unemployed woman said she was then forced to send her three children to stay with her mother and brother in their two-bedroom house out of fear that the Child Care Board would take them away. She explained that she could not join them because of an acrimonious relationship with her mother. (SDB Media)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.