Members of the champion Barbados volleyball teams celebrating their double success. (GPs)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- England beat South Africa to take series 3-1 Read More
- Worrell gets top pick at Stadium Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Barbados’ Under-21 boys captured a record fourth successive Cazova volleyball crown, while the Under-20 girls won their first when the finals climaxed on Friday night in Martinique.
The invincible run by both teams where only the boys dropped a set in the French isle, saw the girls dismissing Trinidad and Tobago 25-16, 25-16, 25-17 while the boys stopped Curacao 25-14, 25-16, 25-20.
Captains Tenielle Chapman-Goodluck and Akeel Oxley continued their irrepressible form with Chapman-Goodluck winning the Best Server, Best Outside Player and MVP titles while Oxley repeated as MVP while being one of the Best Outside players.
Canada-based Alexander Odle was voted Best Opposite Player with CARIFTA athlete Nathan Crawford-Wallis winning Best Outside Player. (KB)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.