Minister of Youth Adrian Forde (FILE)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- ECB wants substitute rule for coronavirus Read More
- Hill open to motoring restrictions Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
THE NATURE FUN RANCH PROGRAMME has been given a $150 000 injection to augment its programme at the facilities in Bruce Vale, St Andrew.
Member of Parliament for Christ Church West Central and Minister of Youth and Community Empowerment Adrian Forde made this announcement in the House of Assembly under Head 85 during the session on the Supplementary Estimates Nos. 9, 2019-2020 Tuesday night.
The gesture had the blessing of Opposition Leader Bishop Joseph Atherley, who said a national effort to rescue at-risk youngsters was needed. He lamented the high unemployment rate among the youth.
“Twenty-eight per cent unemployment among our young people in Barbados as a persisting circumstance is an explosion waiting to happen and I would like to encourage my friend from Christ Church West Central when he thinks of these young people at risk to understand that it is the nation at risk and the mandate given to him as a young minister – this portfolio is a significant one,” said Atherley. (JS)