Tarquin Clark (left) and Rory Prescod were joint champions in the Under-12 Open section. (GP)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Australia and New Zealand look to 2022 Women’s World Cup Read More
- Mixed fortunes as Bajans slip up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Three players marched to titles with perfect records and two sections produced joint champions in the Barbados Chess Federation’s National Under-12, Under-16 and Under-20 Championships last weekend.
Harrison College’s Kyle Sandiford took the Under-20 Open section, Queen’s College’s Louis Wilson won the Under-16 Open division and Hannah Wilson of Charles F. Broome captured the Under-12 Female category without dropping a point when the three-day championships concluded at Harrison College last Sunday.
It was much closer in two other sections, with the Under-16 Female category having a three-way tie involving Queen’s College’s Vanessa Greenidge and the Harrison College pair of Gaybrianna Moore and Azaria Johnson while the Under-12 Open division saw Rory Prescod of Queen’s College and Tarquin Clark of St Winifred’s emerging as joint champions. (HG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.