Alzarri Joseph is seeking consistent bowling performances. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Australia and New Zealand look to 2022 Women’s World Cup Read More
- Mixed fortunes as Bajans slip up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Consistency is the main focus of fast bowler Alzarri Joseph, whose Man Of The Match performance of four for 32 set up a comfortable victory for West Indies over Ireland in the opening game of the three-match one-day international cricket series at Kensington Oval on Tuesday.
Opting to bat first, Ireland struggled against the lively Joseph and a disciplined bowling attack to fall for a modest 180.
Opener Evin Lewis then hit a fluent unbeaten 99 off 99 balls as the home side romped to victory with 100 deliveries remaining.
Joseph, who put in only modest performances against Afghanistan and India since returning from injury sustained in the Indian Premier League last year, bowled with some life putting the Irish batsman in much discomfort. (EZS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.