National Under-17 captain Roshon Gittens has been a live wire for St Michael East, helping them reach the semis. (CONCACAF)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Football agents threaten to sue FIFA Read More
- Roll cages, racing suits a must for test Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
There were two penalty shoot-out victories and two 1-0 wins in quarter-final action on Thursday night in the National Sports Council/Youth Development Programme Community Under-19 Football Classic at Briar Hall and Brereton.
In the south, at the Maurice King Sports Complex, St Michael East dispatched St Michael South Central 1-0 with a strike by Jamario Nicholls in the 16th minute.
There were no goals even after extra time in the later clash between St Michael North-East and St Thomas, and the game had to be decided from the spot.
St Thomas could not replicate the heroics of their previous Round of 16 elimination of St Michael South-East and fell to North-East 4-2 on penalties. (NM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.