National Under-17 captain Roshon Gittens has been a live wire for St Michael East, helping them reach the semis. (CONCACAF)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Australia and New Zealand look to 2022 Women’s World Cup Read More
- Mixed fortunes as Bajans slip up Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
There were two penalty shoot-out victories and two 1-0 wins in quarter-final action on Thursday night in the National Sports Council/Youth Development Programme Community Under-19 Football Classic at Briar Hall and Brereton.
In the south, at the Maurice King Sports Complex, St Michael East dispatched St Michael South Central 1-0 with a strike by Jamario Nicholls in the 16th minute.
There were no goals even after extra time in the later clash between St Michael North-East and St Thomas, and the game had to be decided from the spot.
St Thomas could not replicate the heroics of their previous Round of 16 elimination of St Michael South-East and fell to North-East 4-2 on penalties. (NM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.