• Today
    April 06

  • 02:37 AM

Nude beachgoer admitted to Psychiatric Hospital

KOBIE BROOMES, kobiebroomes@nationnews.com

Added 14 January 2020


The nude woman in viral videos circulated yesterday is now in the care of the Psychiatric Hospital.

Police spokesman Inspector Rodney Inniss confirmed the 39-year-old Barbadian woman went willingly with the police to the station and was cooperative after the incident at Accra Beach, Christ Church.

In the videos which have made the rounds on social media a National Conservation Commission beach ranger and a member of the public were pleading with the unidentified woman to cover herself. However, in an expletive-filled response, she refused to do so and as she advanced some members of the public moved out her way.

The police were then summoned to the scene at popular Beach yesterday.


Dos and Donts

Welcome to our discussion forum here on nationnews.com. We encourage lively debate, but we also urge you to take note of the following:

  • Stay on topic – This helps keep the thread focused on the discussion at hand. If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article.
  • Be respectful – Meeting differences of opinion with civil discussion encourages multiple perspectives and a positive commenting environment.
  • Do not type in capitals – In addition to being considered “shouting” it is also difficult to read.
  • All comments will be moderated – Given the volume of comments each day, this may take some time. So please be patient.
  • We reserve the right to remove comments – Comments that we find to be abusive, spam, libellous, hateful, off-topic or harassing may be removed.
  • Reproduction of comments – Some of your comments may be reproduced on the website or in our daily newspapers. We will use the handle, not your email address.
  • Do not advertise – Please contact our Advertising Department.
  • Contact our Online Editor if you have questions or concerns.
  • Read our full Commenting Policy and Terms of Use.
comments powered by Disqus


Has the message about the seriousness of COVID-19 hit home now the country is under 24-hour curfew?