Fire destroyed the family home of Alicia Clarke at Bonnetts, Britton Hill, St Michael. (Picture by Jameel Springer)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Football agents threaten to sue FIFA Read More
- Roll cages, racing suits a must for test Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Fire has left a family of six struggling to find a home.
Around 4 p.m. last Saturday, 47-year-old Alicia Clarke lost everything in the unit at 1C Bonnetts, Brittons Hill, St Michael, she shared with brother Barry Clarke, 45, two daughters aged 29 and 13, and two granddaughters aged nine and seven.
Yesterday a burnt painting, scraps of police caution tape, a bucket of water for drinking purposes and the rubble were all that remained.
Emerging from the car in which she now spends much of her time, Clarke, a hotel worker, said she was heading home from work when she got the call that her uninsured house was on fire. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.