Fire destroyed the family home of Alicia Clarke at Bonnetts, Britton Hill, St Michael. (Picture by Jameel Springer)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- Deacons closing in on titles Read More
- Footballers can now be sent off for coughing Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Oprah to tackle racism in new series Read More
Fire has left a family of six struggling to find a home.
Around 4 p.m. last Saturday, 47-year-old Alicia Clarke lost everything in the unit at 1C Bonnetts, Brittons Hill, St Michael, she shared with brother Barry Clarke, 45, two daughters aged 29 and 13, and two granddaughters aged nine and seven.
Yesterday a burnt painting, scraps of police caution tape, a bucket of water for drinking purposes and the rubble were all that remained.
Emerging from the car in which she now spends much of her time, Clarke, a hotel worker, said she was heading home from work when she got the call that her uninsured house was on fire. (CA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.