Stacie Howard (left) and Shalon Roach (Nico’s father) laying wreaths on Nioca and Nico’s grave. (Picture by Reco Moore)
- Ex-Boeing CEO leaving with $62 million Read More
- Amazon contesting Defence contact in court Read More
- Football agents threaten to sue FIFA Read More
- Roll cages, racing suits a must for test Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Joseph to be screened in Africa and America Read More
Nioca Howard and her son Nico Roach were inseparable in life – and that did not change in death.
Yesterday, during an uplifting service at Coral Ridge Memorial Gardens, Christ Church, Howard, 27, and five-year-old Roach were laid to rest in a single casket.
Despite the occasion, the funeral service of the mother and son, who drowned last December 15 at Welches Beach, Christ Church, was far from ordinary or depressing.
Tears were shed, but the members of the Spiritual Baptist Church kept the chapel alive with bells, drums and conch shells as they danced in the aisles singing Jesus Loves Me, Father I Stretch My Hands to Thee and other hymns. (TG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.