Tourists soaking up the sunshine around Barbados, including these visitors relaxing on Pebbles Beach, St Michael. (FILE)
- Germany hands lifeline to Lufthansa airlines Read More
- Pandemic forces change at Marks and Spencer's Read More
- Holyfield willing to fight Tyson for charity Read More
- Davis Cup home tie still on Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
BARBADOS has been ranked as one of the world’s most expensive places to live.
In its 2020 index of the countries where the cost of living was highest, international business publication CEOWORLD Magazine placed Barbados 12th out of 132 countries.
Switzerland was deemed the most expensive place to live, followed by Norway, Iceland, Japan, Denmark, Bahamas, Luxembourg, Israel, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, and Barbados.
The most affordable place to live in, the publication added, was Pakistan. The others in order or ranking were Afghanistan, India, Syria, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tunisia, Venezuela, Kosovo, Georgia, Nepal, and Egypt.
In the 2018 index, Singapore topped the most expensive ranking, and Barbados did not feature in the top 20.(SC)