Castries, St Lucia (FP)
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Files put HSBC in spotlight Read More
- Chambers, Slocombe to defend their titles Read More
- Longer NBA Draft Combine starts Monday Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Harvey Weinstein stripped of British honour Read More
CASTRIES – St Lucia health authorities have confirmed that a foreign national who arrived Tuesday by a private yacht has been placed in quarantine at a public health facility as the necessary tests are being conducted for the deadly coronavirus (Covid-19) that has killed more than 1 000 people in China.
The Department of Health and Wellness in a statement said that the unidentified foreigner had arrived “from a nearby territory via a private yacht”, but did not indicate which island.
“In keeping with our national response protocols, the individual has been placed on medical quarantine at a public health facility and the necessary assessments are being undertaken,” the department said. (CMC)