- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Holder leads Windies to Day 2 honours Read More
- Cricket resumes in Sri Lanka next week Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
LIAT the Caribbean Airline will be taking all precautions to ensure the safety of crew and passengers as the region continues to put plans in place for the COVID-19.
Today, LIAT said in addition to the usual health and safety measures, they will be implementing travel restrictions based on advisories from governments across the region.
Other measures include:
- Ensuring that aircraft are cleaned in compliance with global cleaning standards at both overnight and transit stops.
- Promoting hand washing and healthy hygiene among employees and passengers and ensuing that alcohol-based sanitising wipes are available for passenger use.
- Taking measures that follow the recommendations of regional and global health authorities.
- Activating a special Project Team to monitor this situation in real time.
“We remain committed to the safety of our passengers and employees as we work to connect our region. We will share any changes made to travel restrictions, our schedule and cancellation policies in a timely manner,” LIAT added. (PR/SAT)