A student at UWI Mona, Jamaica. (GP)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Holder leads Windies to Day 2 honours Read More
- Cricket resumes in Sri Lanka next week Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Barbadian students at the University of the West Indies (UWI) Mona Campus in Jamaica remained nervous yesterday as the country went into emergency mode to contain the coronavirus (Covid-19).
Earlier in the day, Prime Minister Andrew Holness announced the closure of schools for the next two weeks, and UWI followed suit.
Jamaica has two confirmed cases of Covid-19.
President of the Barbados Student Association at Mona, Daniel Clarke-Whitehall, said members were filling out forms to ensure all the contact information was at hand. (AC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.