- Global stocks climb sharply Read More
- WATCH: Coping with COVID-19 Read More
- BFA still covered Read More
- Djokovic pledges big bucks to fight coronavirus Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Studios suspend movie data as attendance plummets Read More
Barbados has two confirmed cases of the coronavirus COVID-19.
Minister of Health and Wellness, Lt Col Jeffrey Bostic made the announcement today in a live address at the Ministry of Health, Culloden Road, St Michael.
They will remain in isolation until they recover. Bostic said there was no need to panic.
Barbados joins the list of 163 countries which have recorded a case of the virus. To date, there are more than 188 000 cases and almost 7 500 deaths.
The virus is present in St Lucia, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and Suriname. There are also confirmed cases in parts of the French- and Spanish-speaking Caribbean.
More details to come. (Nation News)