Seventeen tests were done at the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory yesterday. (FILE)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Bats must stand up, says Brooks Read More
- Burke ‘better’ because of COVID Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in Barbados rose to 17 today, three more than yesterday.
The three cases – two men and one woman – all arrived in the island from the United Kingdom. One is the partner of a visitor who was included in yesterday’s count.
Acting Chief Medical Officer, Dr Anton Best, said they had all been placed in isolation, and so far were displaying only mild symptoms of the viral illness.
Seventeen tests were done at the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory yesterday. All of the others were negative for COVID-19.
Meanwhile, three people are quarantined in the medical facility at Paragon. As a result of aggressive contact tracing being conducted daily, the Ministry of Health and Wellness has reported that numerous others are in self quarantine and being monitored by public health officers. (BGIS)