- Small Business Association elects new president Read More
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Japan scaling back some parts of Olympic Games Read More
- RallyCross a unique race, says champ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Brazil Carnival delayed Read More
A father of three drowned just after noon yesterday at Brandon's beach, Brandon's St Michael.
The victim has been identified as 33-year-old Hussain Yusaf Mohammed Greene of Westbury Road, St Michael.
Police said in a media release Greene reportedly went to the beach accompanied by his girlfriend and their three children. After liming on the sand they decided to go closer to the water's edge … a beach ball which Greene was carrying dropped and drifted away.
The statement said: "Greene swam after it but as it drifted even further out his attempt to retrieve it became unsuccessful. He was returning to shore when he got into difficulties. His girlfriend observed his plight and she swam towards him to assist. After struggling for a while another lady helped her bring him to shore. They attempted to resuscitate him whilst an ambulance was summoned.”
Greene was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance. He was later pronounced dead. (PR/KOB)