Lani Cabrera: “I do feel the hurt for my fellow athletes this Olympic year.” (FP)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Bats must stand up, says Brooks Read More
- Burke ‘better’ because of COVID Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
With the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games under threat due to the novel coronavirus, former Barbadian Olympic swimmer Lani Cabrera is feeling the pain of local athletes who have their eyes set on competing at the largest sporting show.
In fact, Cabrera, who currently resides in Castiglione Delle Stiviere, Italy, told NATION SPORT she believes Barbados stood a good chance of performing well at the games, which are now likely to be postponed.
“I do feel the hurt for my fellow athletes this Olympic year. There is uncertainty of being able to attend an Olympic Games or what will be the final decision on the Tokyo Olympics.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.