AMANDA REIFER (FP)
- Club severing all workers Read More
- Files put HSBC in spotlight Read More
- Chambers, Slocombe to defend their titles Read More
- Longer NBA Draft Combine starts Monday Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Harvey Weinstein stripped of British honour Read More
Loss of revenue is secondary amid a pandemic.
That was the view expressed by the head of the University of the West Indies’ Academy of Sport, Amanda Reifer, concerning the cancellation of some rentals at two of their major sporting venues.
“Our primary concern isn’t the loss of revenue. Health and safety of our staff, the general public and our clients is what’s important,” she told MIDWEEK NATION SPORT in a telephone interview Monday.
“We didn’t have anything major planned from the Academy of Sport, but what I can tell you is that we cancelled all rentals associated with the Usain Bolt Sports Complex and the 3Ws Oval.”
Reifer said the decision was not a difficult one as they were following the guidelines put forward by Government to ensure they played their role in curbing the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19) on the island.
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.