Josh Burke turned and twisted his way to a memorable victory at the Soup Bowl last year. (Picture compliments Andrew Nicholls/ World Surf League.)
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Hamilton expects drivers to stand against racism Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Postponement of the Tokyo Olympics has not dampened the hopes of fast-rising international surfer Josh Burke.
In fact, with more time to train he is feeling even more confident about qualifying and surfing at the prestigious sporting event now slated for next year.
“I was looking forward to the Olympics this year though I haven’t qualified yet. Our qualification contest was supposed to be May 4 in El Salvador. Of course, that got postponed. So that’s what I was really looking forward to first because I would have to get through that step before I made the Olympics,” he told NATION SPORT. (RG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.