Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley told the nation on Thursday she will be having a medical procedure this weekend. Bajans were full of well wishes on social media. (GP)
- Youth hardest hit by COVID-19 Read More
- Branding key to selling Bajan and Caribbean products, says Caddle Read More
- ECB wants substitute rule for coronavirus Read More
- Hill open to motoring restrictions Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Avatar sequel to resume filming in New Zealand Read More
There was an outpouring of prayers and best wishes for Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley on social media yesterday after she said she would be undergoing a medical procedure this weekend.
There were also a few people who felt the public had a right to know the extent of the Prime Minister’s condition.
Mottley made the announcement in a national address from Ilaro Court on Thursday when she also said the number of COVID-19 cases had risen to 24, leading to an activation of Stage 3 of the national response plan.
During her address, she said Minister of Education Santia Bradshaw will act as Prime Minister.(KG)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.