Minister of Health Jeffrey Bostic. (FILE)
- Zuckerberg grilled about acquisitions Read More
- Tech hearing postponed Read More
- No Bale in Real’s Champions League squad Read More
- Tridents get a new coach for CPL campaign Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mulan skipping most theatres for streaming platforms Read More
Minister of Health and Wellness Jeffrey Bostic announced this evening that one more person tested positive for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Barbados.
That brings the total number of COVID-19 positive patients now in isolation to 34. Of the 34 positive cases, 21 are Barbadians.
Results returned by the Best-dos Santos Public Health Laboratory today revealed that a 24-year-old man who was identified through contact tracing was the only positive case out of 22 tests carried out on Sunday.
Health officials said the majority of people who tested positive for COVID-19 had mild symptoms. Thus far, only two are in acute care.
Bostic said some of the confirmed cases of COVID-19 were Barbadians who had not heeded the call about avoiding non-essential travel. He said some of these people had therefore contracted the virus when they travelled abroad.
He repeated the advice about using physical distancing and good hygiene to fight the coronavirus.