- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Holder leads Windies to Day 2 honours Read More
- Cricket resumes in Sri Lanka next week Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
The number of confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has now risen to 51 in Barbados.
Acting Prime Minister Santia Bradshaw announced a short while ago on radio programme Down To Brasstacks that there are five new confirmed cases of the virus.
COVID-19 Czar Richard Carter, also contributing to the discussion, confirmed that one person was also retested and remains positive.
People who are already in isolation and having already tested positive for the virus are retested every day.
Carter said people are retested every day as part of the recovery protocol to determine if they have recovered from the virus.
If there are two consecutive negative tests a patient is considered to have recovered from the virus. (KG)
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.