Paul Gibson and Maria Phillips of the PdP held a press conference yesterday. (FILE)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- No Root, no change in WI tactics! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
The People’s Party for Democracy and Development (PdP) is advising Barbadians to follow the policies to protect them from the COVID-19 pandemic. But it isn’t satisfied Government is doing enough to keep front line workers safe.
During a press briefing yesterday, PdP spokesman on health, Paul Gibson, suggested that the mere provision of personal protective equipment (PPE) was insufficient.
The party is also calling for the Barbados Prison Service to introduce mandatory testing for all entering Her Majesty’s Prisons Doddsin St Philip.
“Barbados has an important role in this global pandemic by ensuring the safety and protection of persons working on the front lines and maybe exposed or at risk,” Gibson, a pharmacist, said at the 20-minute press conference.” (BA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.