- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- No Root, no change in WI tactics! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
In the early hours of the morning, an 11-year-old girl awoke to the feeling of something wet on her lips. When she opened her eyes, she came face to face with vagrant Ray Anderson Herbert.
However, after initially denying to police any involvement in the incident, Herbert threw in the towel and confessed when he appeared in the No. 2 Supreme Court last Thursday.
Appearing via Zoom link with HMP Dodds, the 55-year-old former jockey, who has no fixed place of abode, confessed to entering a woman’s house on January 21, 2018, with intent to indecently assault the child.
He had 29 previous convictions – ten for burglary, six for theft, four for possession of cannabis, three for criminal damage, two for dishonestly appropriating items and one each for having a traffickable quantity of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply, having an offensive weapon and contempt of court. (HLE)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.