Fortress Fund Managers Ltd investment director Roger Cave. (GP)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Windies cement lead on Day 3 Read More
- New WTA events and ranking system Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Corporate earnings in Barbados will take a big “hit” from the COVID-19 pandemic, says an investment expert.
Fortress Fund Managers Ltd investment director Roger Cave cautioned that while his firm was “quite positive and optimistic” of a recovery in a year or two, “2020 is not going to be a pretty picture for most companies operating in the region”.
He was speaking during an online media briefing yesterday, along with Fortress chief investment officer Peter Arender.
“The short term, as we see [financial] results come out more from June, there’s going to be a significant hit, I think, to corporate earnings, but we have to remember investing in equities is a long-term investment, so you are looking forward to those earnings,” Cave said. (SC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.