Rey Williams is looking forward to riding competitively again. (GP)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- No Root, no change in WI tactics! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Barbadian jockey Rey Williams is looking forward to getting back to race riding this season.
The 21-year-old was injured last fall at Century Mile and took the winter off to heal.
“Last year I had a really bad fall that set me back – miles and miles from where I was. I came back too soon to race riding in Canada and I had to take a longer leave from racing because I had a bruised spine and I had some stitches in my face.
“The doctor cleared me for light physical activity and I felt fine at the time, but then in the long run it wasn’t worth it. So I had to leave the season last year for a bit. I haven’t ridden since September,” said Williams. (HM)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Download the Telegram app from the App Store or Play Store and sign up for new alerts at this link.