Opposition People’s Party for Democracy and Development’s spokesman Scott Weatherhead. (FILE)
- Some Facebook advertisers threaten to withdraw Read More
- Digicel makes progess in debt reduction Read More
- Rugby player Harvard-bound Read More
- No Root, no change in WI tactics! Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Sesame Street special tackles COVID Read More
Reject the Boss! That advice has been given to every public service employee who may be thinking about investing part of their wages in the Barbados Optional Savings Scheme (BOSS).
The Opposition People’s Party for Democracy and Development (PdP) on May 29 warned employees not to invest in the BOSS, calling Government’s special bond offer “ill-conceived” and “illegal”.
The PdP’s economic spokesman Scott Weatherhead and Senator Caswell Franklin urged Government to withdraw the proposal during a Zoom press conference.
Franklin said based on law, Government was not in a position to even offer bonds as a form of investment as a substitute for wages, under the Protection of Wages Act. (BA)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.