Opposition Senator Caswell Franklyn. (Picture by Jameel Springer)
- Day to support Black businesses in Barbados Read More
- Record job creation in US Read More
- Holder leads Windies to Day 2 honours Read More
- Cricket resumes in Sri Lanka next week Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Movie chains sue New Jersey governor over closures Read More
Trim the Cabinet, get rid of the consultants and save some salaries.
This is Opposition Senator Caswell Franklyn’s suggestion to Government as an alternative means of securing some of the money the Barbados Optional Savings Scheme (BOSS) is intended to generate.
In his contribution to debate on the Barbados Optional Savings Scheme Bill, 2020, in the Senate yesterday, Franklyn said consultants employed by Government were making “fancy money”. He again called for disclosure of those salaries which he said might be exorbitant.
“Get back some of the money from them. Get rid of some of them,” he declared. (GC)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.
For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.
Join Nation News on WhatsApp